Revlon Lash Potion and MUA Palette Review

Thursday 21 November 2013


Alright :)
So I took a trip to Superdrug the other day and picked up a couple of things and wanted to review them. I haven't bought any make up items in quite a while so wanted some new bits to try out.

One product I really wanted to try out was the Revlon Lash Potion. Firstly the name immediately drew me in as I have a bit of an obsession with witches (yes I'm a freak) I thought the name having potion in was pretty damn cool. Secondly the packaging is so adorable and I love love love the colours on it, Kind of reminds me of Christmas :) just looking at it makes me smile haha! I got it in the shade Blackest black as my eyelashes are naturally black and I love to make them look darker. Now mascara has become an essential for me and I just can't go without it now. I was quite surprised when I tried this out as I feel that it does lengthen and add volume to my lashes but in a subtle way. In the past I have used the Maybelline falsies mascara which I believe is a bit more dramatic. It took me a little while to adjust as the Maybelline mascara is a lot more noticeable. However now I've used it a few times I really like the effect it gives to my lashes. I think it's a lovely mascara to use for daytime and I'm sure if you add more coats it'll build a better look for a night out.


The other product I picked up was a MUA Palette named Heaven and Earth. I wanted a new palette that featured neutral colours as I usually like to use brown toned eye shadows. I would really like to try the Urban Decay Naked Palette however I'm not made of money so can't afford this. Now I've never tried any MUA products before but I've heard so many people rave about how amazing they are for the price. And now I can say I totally see the hype. This palette is amazing and features beautiful shades of colours. I know by just looking at that can produce a range of eye shadow looks for both day and evenings out. You get 12 shades for £4!!! I think that's pretty sweet and I didn't feel guilty buying it. Definitely want to purchase more MUA products!!
 

So yeah very happy with my purchases excited that they are now in my make up collection.

I also stopped off at one of my local charity shops I found the first series of the Hills for £1.99! and I bought a Christmas album it's not too early right?? I've wanted a Christmas album for years so finally got one in my life aha :P

Thanks for reading

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment