Red is Taking over

Sunday 21 December 2014

 
 
 

Can you believe that Christmas is literally days away. I haven't actually managed to get into the festive spirit as much as I would have liked this year (i.e haven't been to Winter Wonderland or visited any form of Christmas markets). It's not going to spoil my Christmas though, I'm definitely using it too much as an excuse for the amount of food I've consumed the past couple of weeks *guilty as charged*.

 I  don't know whether it's due to the festive day of the year approaching but I've found myself bringing more red into my life. I even donned a red lipstick recently when I went out for a meal with my family. I have never really wore a proper lipstick as I feel like I look a bit silly. I bought a red lipstick ages ago by Maybelline in the shade Hollywood Red which I did a post about ages ago. However it never stayed on my lips and I always heard that getting a lip liner is the key. I looked at the MUA stand in Superdrug whilst trying to kill some time before I started a late shift at work. I found this red lip liner for £1 in the shade brooding plum and I think it does the job perfectly. And for a pound.. bargain. It stayed on through me drinking and eating which really impressed me. I really now am starting to love the look of red lips with my dark hair colour. It was one of those moments were I just thought f**k it! (I apologise for the state of my face in the photos, I'm having a major breakout at the moment and not loving life)
One of my favourite bags I have ever purchased is my burgundy satchel from Asos. I got this last year after falling in love with it. Not to brag but quite a few people have asked where I got it from and not gonna lie that makes me feel really good haha. For once I have something that seems to be fashionable to others :P. I fell in love with the scalloped edge and metallic detailing. I think it's the perfect bag from Autumn/ Winter and its roomy too which is good if your like me. Literally chuck in whatever I can. Oh I also included a Barry M nail varnish I'm loving right now the shade is Retro Red. It's like a metallic rich red that I think is perfect for this time of year.

Red is literally taking over my life right now. Maybe this is the start of me venturing into bolder make up looks... what is happening to me?!?



4 comments:

  1. Lovely bag
    would you like to follow each other ?
    I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is lovely, I definitely think winter is the season for all things red! x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty lip shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty lip shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete