The Heels for Party Season

Tuesday 2 December 2014



 
 






It's officially December which means Christmas is only around the corner. Am I the only one questioning where has this year gone?? Christmas no doubt is known as party season meaning everyone gets a bit more glammed up and adds a bit more sparkle to their lives than usual. I love a bit of sparkle all year round but December is the time to fully embrace glitter, embellishment and full on glam. The fact is I'm not a major party goer purely cause there is not time for me to go out. Plus the area which I live in at University is terrible in terms of a social life. No clubs or anything like that. So I'm hoping during my Christmas break when I get to go home I'll be hitting the town a little bit. Katie needs some form of social life I'm 20 for crying out loud. Seriously I'm so bored of not going out I need to dare I say it 'let my hair down'.
   Not only do I want to go out to experience what it's like to be young still (I'm such a old woman at heart) I also want to show off a pair of new heels I have somehow managed to get from New Look. I swear my finger did not mean to click the buy button :/, I couldn't leave them though they are far too beautiful. It was one of those cases where every time I would go into New Look I picked them up held them for a bit and painfully put them back. I love a bit of embellishment and beads in particular I appreciate. It's actually the main theme of my third year project. When I saw these shoes I immediately thought Great Gatsby and the 1920's. What a decade that was!! They are these beautiful black block heel strappy sandals with beads covering the entire heel. I just cannot stop looking at them. I only really buy heels from New Look as they seem to suit my feet and comfort needs perfectly. I know these come in silver and pink as well but I just had to go with the black. These will instantly jazz up any outfit. I'm thinking they'll go perfectly with a LBD.
   I'm starting to feel very festive now. We did Secret Santa in my class. Not gonna lie I'm pretty proud of the present I got. I mean I made my friend smile when she opened it. As cliché as it sounds that's the best reaction I could have asked for. We went to Toby Carvery for dinner and I was so stuffed. The Christmas tunes are in full swing and Gavin and Stacey Christmas special is on repeat right now. I don't even have an advent calendar what is life.
I really want to see what Christmasy things are on in London and explore them. Hoping to crack out some more festive blog posts over the next few weeks.


4 comments:

  1. Super cute shoes :)

    Xx Enja

    Thebeautychaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you caved! Those babies are gorgeous!!!

    Lulu
    http://candyappledarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shoes, perfect for party season! <3

    I have a new outfit post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete