Naked 2 Basics Palette

Monday 9 February 2015





I seem to be going on a mad one recently with make up items. I received a few items for Christmas and am now slowly wanting to write about each one after using them for the last month. The excitement I felt when I received this as a present during the festive season was probably a little too much. My family didn't understand why I got so excited over eye shadow but you guys get it right... Its an Urban Decay Naked Palette need I say more. What I love about the basics palette is that its the perfect size to just put in your handbag and take with you wherever you need to venture too.
The selection of colours are really special as each one is unique and the pigmentation shocked me. Frisk in particular surprised me as I thought it would be quite a dull colour on the lid but pow! it just comes to life. The colours just seem to last throughout the day and do not budge, seriously I'm so impressed by this palette. Skimp is a gorgeous colour for highlighting and putting on the brow bone. I think my favourite shade is Stark as it's so light and really easy just to wear on it's own. However I have loved experimenting with Undone as it's a lot darker then I usually go for. I really want to perfect a black smokey eye for the rare occasions that I go on a night out. Stupid me managed to get my nail to dig right into the colour Cover when opening it for the first time so that's got a lovely mark in it (I cringe at myself sometimes).
The mirror is a wonderful size. It's going to come in handy if I ever need to touch up my make up throughput the day. I still would love to get my hands on a Naked Palette, but I think a basics palette is the best place to start as they are slightly cheaper and once you have used one of these then you can decipher whether the bigger Naked Palette would work for you. The question is which one will I purchase 1, 2 or 3?? I love the fact I'm talking as if I have the money to buy one right this second.
The joys of being a student and unemployed eh...

3 comments:

  1. aww thank you :) that's so kind of you! Sure thing reading your blog right now :) thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Naked 1 palette so much but have been looking at getting a basics one for a while! You may have swayed me with this one ^.^

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is a gorgeous palette with lovely shades :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete