My Five Make up Must Haves

Sunday 8 October 2017

I'm so happy October is here, my favourite month of the year (along with December) for obvious reasons. September was a really stressful month for me in terms of work, and its still pretty hectic now. Trust me this is relevant to this post I promise...

As I've been limited with time, my make up has been pretty boring and it got me thinking what products I always reach for. Like a capsule wardrobe (something I fail at majorly), everyone has some make up items they always reach for, so I thought I'd share the five I'm always reaching for and what I call my must haves.


Kat Von D beauty is personally one of my favourite brands for many reasons, the products are great, packaging is great and has a Gothic and dark feel to it (something I dig being a goth at heart). I bought this powder back in May when I visited Birmingham with my boyfriend Ben and have been using constantly since. I haven't tried many powders but I love this one as it just soaks into my skin and doesn't highlight the dry skin I suffer from. I always struggle to get the lid back on the powder as I'm bloody stupid.














This mascara is a holy grail for me so so good! This one I discovered back when I was in university, watching QVC with my friend Caroline, as you can tell we went out a lot... But we saw a demonstration of the mascara being applied looked at each other and was like we need to try this. It adds the right amount of volume and length for everyday wear, but if you apply more layers it can become more dramatic. Plus it doesn't rub off under my eyebrow which has happened so many times to me. 



My sister got me a quad of MAC eyeshadows for Christmas a few years ago and honestly I still reach for it most days as they colours are so easy to wear.  I use the lightest shade 'Shroom' in my inner corners, 'Kid' as a base lid colour, 'Handwritten' to use in the crease and then my personal fave 'Sable' to add a bit of glitz to the eyelid. I always stick to neutral shades cause I'm basic, but I definitely want to try a bit more colour, I'm thinking orangey shades for Autumn. 



Lately I haven't  worn many lip colours, so a neutral pink shade is something I put on most days as it's simple but I still feel nice wearing it. I saw this shade when I visited Venice, and heard so much about it so a purchase was made. Velvet Teddy is a lovely nude shade and is creamy when applied so doesn't made my lips dry. I hope I can try and wear some more lip colours so I can feel a bit more glam. 



I didn't really think I'd get involved with brow pencils as my brows are kind of thick and have a mind of their own. But I caved and bought the Brow Wiz in the shade Dark Brown and I honestly use it every day. I only fill in the inner ends of my brow but it is the perfect colour and it looks somewhat natural .




Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, let me know what your must have make up items are. I'm enjoying the fact I'm having a somewhat chill weekend and I'm going on holiday in a couple of days, can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment