Mini Colourpop Haul

Sunday 14 January 2018




So first off, hello 2018! Bit delayed but happy new year (even though I'm currently experiencing a case of the January blues!). So I said throughout January I wouldn't place any orders, well I clearly failed at that... 
A little while ago I watched a make up tutorial of a navy blue glitter eye look, and Colourpop was the brand used. I kept thinking about it and wanting to recreate it myself. After scrolling through the website countless times and seeing what looked like the prettiest eye shadow shades, I decided to just say sod it and place an order. I could have done some serious damage to my bank account, but I stuck with four things. Sadly one of the shades I purchased arrived broken, I suppose it did come on a long journey from Los Angeles. It was the shade called I heart this, and was supposed to be a birthday present for my friend, guess I'll have to think of something else eh.




The main shade I wanted was called Rex, its a beautiful black based eye shadow with lots of blue glitter. I love the name of it, I'm a massive fan of Toy Story! But it just looks beautiful and so sparkly, I'm a bit like a magpie. The reviews seemed to be pretty mixed about, but I think if I have a strong black base on the lid then the blue will really show up. I cannot wait to try this out!


Sticking with the blue theme, I came across this shade Luckfully and it just look like such a rich shade. I don't really wear bright eye shadow looks but I love a lot of people's slightly wacky eye shadow looks on Instagram. So I'm going to give this a go. The pigment on this shade has great potential (sound like I actually know what I'm talking about).


The final thing I bought was the Brow Boss in the shade Dark Brown as I currently have no brow products. I was very happy with using the Brow Wiz from Anastasia Beverley Hills, but I wanted to try a cheaper alternative. I'm always looking for products that create a natural look, as my brows are pretty thick they just need a bit of refining. I used this last night and I have to say so far I'm a fan.



I'm really excited to try out these new bits I purchased, the products are so affordable and there is such a variety. Let me know if any of you have tried Colourpop. Hope you're all having a great weekend, I'm currently in bed trying to rest as I went out clubbing last night for the first time in a while. I'm not made for partying!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a steal! These are really cute. I would love to try them too!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them! and they're such good money!
      Thanks so much for your comment it means a lot :) x

      Delete
  2. That colour! So bloody beautiful, and definitely pushing me to take the risk and get out of my 'neutral' colour make-up palette.

    Also just had to throw in that I also love your photography! So nice to see make up photos that aren't cliche flatlays...

    Bekki / www.filler-chapters.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so gorgeous, oh same here I always wear neutral make up so i'm trying to be a bit more daring! Oh wow thank you so much that's so kind of you :) xx

      Delete